SunWorld and SunTech Modules? [RE-wrenches]

Bruce Geddes b.geddes at clear.net.nz
Mon Oct 2 23:40:11 PDT 2006

> Due to the module scarcity out there we have been looking into various
> off-brand or new-name modules. We've been looking into SunWorld SW 175 W
> mono/P panels and now one of our suppliers has SunTech 170 W mono panels
> available.
>

> Does anyone have any significant experience or thoughts on the two above
> mentioned manufacturers?

Hi August,
                    I have imported and used Suntech panels here in NZ.  I
found them perfectly good BUT to my knowledge they were still seeking UL
approvals so there may be some issues in your market.  Thye have TuV
approval for use in Germany.

I  have had some problems getting response from the factory and one order
was supplied with Grade 2 cosmetic defects (without a price adjustment) so
there could be some supply reliability issues.  They just don't answer
emails if the answer is going to be negative!

Cheers,
Bruce Geddes
PowerOn

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com