Matching Outback inverers on powerboard? [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Sat Aug 26 16:25:56 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Ron:

I'm not sure I'm following.  If a PS2 system now exists in the field, it
exists and you have no choice in the mounting plate size.  If it does not
exist and you wish to buy a pre-wired system, you have no choice but to buy
a PS2 system.  I imagine you can buy one with one or two inverters.  If you
want to roll your own (my recommendation), I'd strongly suggest a PS4
mounting plate, unless there are space constraints.  Make sense?

I'd avoid saving a few bucks by purchasing a pre-assembled PS2 with one
inverter and then adding another.  This is a very indirect approach.  If
there are warranty issues with the original assembled unit, it could be
clouded by your upgrade.  I try to avoid turning into a pretzel to save a
few dollars.  My policy:  Let's get what we need to do the job right and
avoid complications.  The complications cut into my personal time.

William Miller

At 04:15 PM 8/26/2006, you wrote:

>Hi William,
>Thanks for your reply but what I may be doing is adding one inverter to a
>PS2 power panel that already has one inverter - therefore making a stacked
>3524 system. Now I can buy the stacked system complete from one supplier
>and avoid the hassle of wiring in a second inverter -OR- from another
>supplier I can buy a single 3524 on a power panel and a separate inverter
>and mount it on the power panel to make a stacked 3524 system. There is a
>price benefit to doing it this way but I'm wondering if I'm opening a can
>of worms and should just buy the factory assembled & wired half rack?
>
>Sorry if I'm not explaining this well, I find the naming conventions for
>the Outback power panels to be somewhat confusing. Outback calls them one
>thing, (actually they don't seem to call them anything they just want you
>to identify the components) - but my suppliers have different names for them.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com