new list members [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Aug 22 11:04:27 PDT 2006

Hi gang. After reviewing your comments, it is clear that NABCEP-certified folks should be invited to the list.

A couple of people brought up the idea that automatically accepting all of them might violate some of our other membership requirements. For example, each manufacturer is allowed one representative on the list, just so they can respond to specific technical issues about their products.

I agree that we should stick to that rule for manufacturers, even if they have other NABCEP-qualified people on staff. I also have limited companies that do not install but do other tech support & system design, to one otherwise qualified individual, and I would also like to stick to that. Let me know if you disagree.

Finally, another suggestion was that the new additions from NABCEP should at least be working somewhere in, or connected somehow with, our industry. It is easy enough to ask, so no problem there. Please let me know (off list) what you think of that.

Thanks to everyone that contacted me, and thanks in advance for comments on the above.

Michael Welch wrote at 12:41 PM 08/21/2006:

>Hi Wrenches. Please, all comments about this off-list. I will try to summarize comments and opinions, and report back to the list.
>
>I am interested in automatically qualifying NABEP-certified folks for the Wrench list. This would not replace the current methods, but would be an additional method of qualification.
>
>As you know, I am pretty tight with who gets on this list, with the goal of keeping usefulness and discussions at a high level, which makes it better for everyone. I do not allow amateur or occasional installers on the list. For the most part only qualified, working, pro, hands-on installers get added to the list. Of course, there are occasional exceptions made, like equipment manufacturers can have a rep on the list, and companies that do phone design & support can have a qualified person on the list.
>
>I was thinking it would be safe to assume that any NABCEP-certified individual is qualified to discuss installation issues on a level necessary to maintain the quality of this list. I would automatically like to include certified folks, even if they are not currently doing installations. I would also like to actively pursue them as list members, rather than wait for them to accidentally hear of the list.
>
>What do you think of that? (Again, please respond off list.)

------------------------

Michael Welch
Submissions Coordinator
Sr. Research Editor