pump question / experience [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Aug 8 16:51:44 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi Dan,

I've been looking around for my pipe friction loss charts, but can't
find it.

For that kind of distance I would use at least 2" PVC to cut back on
your losses. The 240' lift is nothing to worry about as long as you
aren't trying for really high volumes.

If you contact me off-list I can get you in touch with a company that
makes a great surface-mounted, solar, high pressure pump; Not cheap, but
really good.

Matt T

Dan Whigham, SC Solar wrote:

> I have customer that need to pump over 2 miles , 240 feet lift. I
> think the slow pump, maybe piston pump would work, but we need more
> water..... any experiences or suggestions?
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Dan Whigham
>
> Solar Lighting International Inc.
> Lighting The Way