KWH meter discrepancy [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Thu May 18 13:05:55 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hiya Kelly,
It may be the 120V thing on the 240 meter, but in Oregon we are
required to put a revenue grade meter in almost every installation.
Most are 240V, but some are wired 120V like you have depending on the
inverter. I've NEVER seen the meter from the inverter and the revenue
grade meter agree regardless of the inverter manu. And -here's the
salient part- the inverter meter is always the high one. Uh huh.....
Bob-O
On May 18, 2006, at 10:02 AM, Kelly Keilwitz wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> We recently installed a small PV GT system with a SMA SB700, with
> display.
> We also have a utility style "green tags" meter on the AC output.
> It's been
> running for a couple of months and the SB display is recording 18%
> higher
> energy production than the green tags meter. The green tag meter is
> a form
> 2S, 240-V meter, wired for the 120-V output of the SB700.
>
> We've wired 240-V meters for 120V operation before but never had a
> (reliable) KWH meter to gauge against. Is the SB display meter
> reliable? Any
> problems with wiring 240V meters for 120V output?
>
> Thanks,
> -Kelly
>
> Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
> Whidbey Sun & Wind, LLC