Favorite tool [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Fri May 5 14:00:56 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeKAPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

  How about three favorites? Skillers work pants with the knee pads
built right in. They fit comfortably making awkward knee protection a
thing of the past. They also have extra flip out pockets often
eliminating the need for a tool belt and the extra weight. Another is
one that most should/probably already own -torque driver for the
small terminals such as inverter and charge controller blocks,
breakers, disconnects and set screws. In the past some of the
inverter AC and DC blocks utilized very small blocks and would break
if tightened too far (or if torqued to the misprinted manual
ratings). Not the best thing to have happen when the customer was
looking over your shoulder for the final connections. The next is in
the same category -torque wrench, besides knowing you'll be able to
remove panels in the future without the bolts seizing they often
provide the extra reach and leverage to get to those top clamps
slightly out of reach.

  Cordless impact driver is certainly on the future wish list, thanks
for the confirmation on what a valuable tool it is.

  Hope everyone has a great weekend,

Nick A Lucchese
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
General Contractor # 808851
Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945
tech info: (530) 273-6754
toll free line: (800) 51-SOLAR (US only)   FAX:  (530) 273-1760
e-mail:  <mailto:nickl at sierrasolar.com>
world wide web:  <http://www.sierrasolar.com>

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php