more MX60 / generator charging [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 07:33:05 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeE3vbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

I think that once you are buying two MX 60's and two X240's to charge from  a
larger generator, it starts to look like just adding and FX inverter for
battery charging might be a lot easier.  We are looking at doing this in  grid
tie installations with grid tie inverters.  A third FX on a quad  board  or
second inverter when one grid tie inverter is being used on a  half rack would
deal with the generator backup and would also be a backup  inverter in the event
that the grid tie inverter had problems during an outage.  We are planning to
use a 2nd bypass toggle to allow AC out to the subpanel to be  selectable from
the grid tie inverters or from the off-grid version.  Does  anyone see a
problem with this approach?

John  Blittersdorf
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
Central Vermont Solar  & Wind, Inc.
104 River Street
Rutland, VT  05701

802-747-0577
802-773-0924 fax
802-770-8625 cell
_www.cvsolar.com_ (http://www.cvsolar.com/)

See the hottest games before your friends! Sign up with Ubisoft,
and you'll get access to exclusive game news, contests, promotions,
community forums, and more. It's easy, free, and secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaeInYbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Ubisoft

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com