"little gray box" [RE-wrenches]

Nicholas Ponzio wrench at vtsolar.com
Wed Apr 5 13:53:07 PDT 2006

Unlimited International Calls to Certain Counties with
Packet8. Our International VoIP Plans offer subscribers a
easier way to save on overseas calls. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaeE3sbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Wrenchers,

I got an email today about a new product that supposedly "fits next to the
breaker panel and can reduce the electric bill up to 25%.  This unit saves
energy by increasing the power factor and thus reduces the amount of
reactive power that the load draws from the utility company."

My first instinct is to file this along with all the emails from THE GAMBIA
but maybe there's something to look into here? My limited understanding of
power factor is that people on the grid don't pay for it, but would this be
real savings in an off-grid house?

Thanks for your feedback.
-Nik

Small Business Virtual Office VoIP Phone System. Big
Business Functionality for a Small Business Telephone
price. Packet8 Business Sales 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaeE3rbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com