Frostbite [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 16 20:32:48 PST 2006

<x-flowed>
Travis,
It's already been suggested to connect a steep-angle PV panel with no charge
controller directly to the battery bank to float charge the batteries. If
the peak array amps is equal to 1% of the battery amp-hours and the battery
bank is well insulated with 4" of styrofoam board all around, it should be
ok for 3 to 4 months. More than that and I'd be concerned about loss of
electrolyte.
Joel Davidson