flat rubber roofs [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Wed Feb 15 09:42:52 PST 2006

Sign Up for Packet8 and tell your phone company
to VoIP-Off. First Month Free! Then up to 50% off your
phone bill.  Free Equipment! Packet8 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaer6vbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

HI Jeff;

I too would like to see your reviews of different brands of racks. Can
you post it to the list (I think many others would be interested) or is
it too much info to post? At least CC me on this if you don't mind.
Thanks for doing the review too. We need more unbiased sources of info.

Ray Walters

Jeff Clearwater wrote:

> Hey Geoff,
>
> You should definitely consider ballasted systems and with that -
> lower your tilt angle if it's negotiable.  You still get in the 90 %
> range of optimal output as low as 7-10º tilt.  Most commercial flat
> roof systems have gone down to 5º or even less so as to get more
> panels on the roof, lower ballast weight and simplify design. The
> little you lose in tilt is easily made up for in those factors.
>
> That said,  contact Jeff Randall at DPW.  They have a simple ballasted
> rack system based on concrete paver blocks that can be engineered to
> any tilt and panel.  I have received quotes from them for ballasted
> systems up to 15º tilt - but if you go with a lower angle still you'll
> have less ballast.  That can be critical in terms of the weight
> - how many lbs/ft2 can be safely added to that roof -  (if you are at
> 5-10º, most roofs can easily handle the extra ballast, above that, the
> weight rises exponentially) (But in snow country you really need to
> know the safety margin you are working with!) - then call DP&W or any
> other manufacturer of ballasted roof systems of which there are now at
> least 5.  Contact me off list if you want my reviews of them.  Most
> are not oriented to doing small systems like yours.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Jeff C.
> Village Powerr Design

Small Business Virtual Office VoIP Phone System. Big
Business Functionality for a Small Business Telephone
price. Packet8 Business Sales 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaer6Fbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com