Labeling requirements [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 17:07:12 PST 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaerelbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

In a message dated 1/26/2006 2:10:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wrmiller at charter.net writes:

We have  been aware for some time that we could improve our compliance with
NEC  required labeling.  Specifically with 690.53 and 690.56.  What are  the
rest of you using for labels?  We are required to have a  "permanent
plaque."  Is there a home printable  solution?

William,
   We use a digital label maker we bought at staples.  It  does a number of
Font Sizes and several tape widths.  It can be colors on  clear background for
dark equipment or standard black or red on white.  It  is laminated in the
machine after the type is set so it makes a permanent  label.  The tapes are
expensive but we find the professional look makes it  worth it.  We even use it
around our shop for labeling parts bins,  locations for stock etc.

John  Blittersdorf
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
Central Vermont Solar  & Wind, Inc.
104 River Street
Rutland, VT  05701

802-747-0577
802-773-0924 fax
802-770-8625 cell
_www.cvsolar.com_ (http://www.cvsolar.com/)

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Spark Network

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com