Unisolar SSR64 mounting [RE-wrenches]

Carl Emerson, Free Power Ltd. freepower at freepower.co.nz
Thu Jan 12 01:19:04 PST 2006

First Month Free! Then 50% off Months 2 & 3!
Discounted Activation, Free Equipment! Packet8
30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaen1Sbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Gidday Doug,

Yes - these panels were part of the Unisolar structural metal roofing range
and were common in the US about 5 years ago. The SSR is a Structural
Standing Seam panel. They were used for example on the 4.2 kW covered
parking system at SWEPCO, Longview Texas. They can have the junction box on
the top or bottom side. Now days Unisolar market the stick-on product and no
longer do pre-fabricated metal roofing panels like these.
Usually they are roof mounted but I want to use them on open frames.
The question is will the clips supplied be strong enough to hold the panels
in strong winds. Otherwise I will need to use additional means of fastening.
Anyone tried this ???

Thanks

SSR? That isn't a Uni-Solar configuration we know here in the States Carl.
The search function on the Uni-Solar web site struck out on SSR, SSR64,
SSR-64, SR, etc. What is it?

Cheers,
Doug Pratt