Xantrex GT Series Monitoring Systems [RE-wrenches]

Mark Edmunds mark.edmunds at xantrex.com
Mon Jan 9 10:56:35 PST 2006

Save up to $1,500 on your phone bill with Packet8
Free Activation, Free Equipment & First Month Free!
30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaemrkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Hi Peter,

There are a couple options we can suggest plus a new product that is
about to launch that may be useful...

1) Dedicated PC linked to one GT's RS232 port using GT View software
(available for free download on our website).  The other 2 GT's need to
be networked together using the Xanbus (CAT5) ports.  This will give you
access to total power, energy daily, and energy lifetime for all three
inverters...the whole PV system.

2) Dedicated PC linked to each inverter's RS232 port using GT View
software.  Like option 1, you can daisy chain the inverters using the
Xanbus (CAT5) ports.  Unlike option 1 (which simply gives you total
energy and power), this gives all the inverter data for each inverter,
in addition to individual inverter & PV system energy and power.  You
will need 3 com ports to make this work...makes sense to use RS232 to
USB dongles.

For option 1 and 2...If you have internet access for the dedicated PC,
the status view screen can be uploaded to a server.  In addition, the PC
can be setup to download a datalog file to the local PC or the datalog
can be uploaded to a FTP site using GT View.

3) Fat Spaniel Technology offers a custom PV2Web solution for the GT
series.  This provides continuous monitoring without the need for a
local PC.  The PV system data is presented on Fat Spaniel's servers
which is accessible from any internet connected PC and also offers email
alerts to installer if the PV system is having issues.
http://www.fatspaniel.com/  Click on the top right building icon...Fat
Spaniel is using a GT3.0 for their own PV system and you can check out
their monitoring capabilities.

4) We are about to launch a GT Solar Inverter monitor that is capable of
monitoring up to 15 inverters.  It is a wired remote that connects to
one or more GT inverters using the Xanbus CAT5 port.  This is not a
released product yet, however we have some first production units
available that we could provide as part of our field trial process.  We
will try and contact you offline to discuss.

I hope one of these option will do what you need!

Best Regards,

Mark

Mark Edmunds
Xantrex Technology Inc.