Kyocera diode question [RE-wrenches]

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Sun Oct 1 17:07:51 PDT 2006

Hi, Wrenchies~

A client wants to acquire 120 replacement bypass diodes for his Kyocera
130TM solar modules. Kyo used to have part #1414100 as a replacement for
the venerable KC-120, but this part number doesn't come up on the online
workstation and my sales rep is sooo bussyy that I'd prefer not to ask.
If I could identify the ratings for the part I would like to just go buy
a batch of them from Digi-Key, etc. BTW: application is 5 modules in
each series string, charging a battery through an Outback controller.
the client is preparedness oriented, and wants to have spares.

The diode barrel is 5mm diameter X 9mm long. A 1cm lead exits straight
out from each end. The barrel is printed as follows: RM3C 64, with a dot
after the 4 Can anyone help me translate this into a part that I can
drop into a shopping cart? Thanks.

Mick Abraham
Abraham Solar Equipment
Pagosa Springs, CO