Post Main Point of Connection [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Tue Aug 8 07:50:30 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Colleagues:

We are installing a 30 KW system in California.  Being a commercial
property, we are not allowed the 20% bus over rating allowed on a
residence.  Therefore, we must connect prior to the service disconnecting
means as allowed in NEC 690.64(A).

The utility (PG&E) is allowing this but has disallowed us from connecting
in the same cabinet as the metering current transformers.  The next cabinet
downstream is the service disconnect.  The switch has arc chutes in this
section of the cabinet occupy the entire cabinet, not giving us room to
attach to the bus bars.

Has anyone else experienced this scenario?  IF so, how have you dealt with it?

Thanks,

William Miller

William Miller
Miller Power and Communications
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: wrmiller at mpandc.com
http://mpandc.com
License No. C-10-773985
Check out our latest project at