soiling city [RE-wrenches]

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Thu Jun 29 09:13:47 PDT 2006

I’ve got a roof-mounted array on an essentially flat roof in an area that is
very dusty with little rainfall.  I’d appreciate knowing what the estimated
percentage reduction in output might be for such a heavily dusty area
compared to a light soiling location.  I’m thinking about rigging up a rain
bird kind of sprinkler to hose down the 16 kW array every day for 15 minutes
in the early AM hours as a way to keep the glass cleaner.  Has anyone out
there put something like that together?  With the hard water in the area, I
figure that I would need to condition the water used to hose down the array
to minimize the mineral build-up on the glass and frames.

Thanks,
marco

Marco Mangelsdorf
Electrical Contractor License C-26351