flat rubber roofs [RE-wrenches]

Geoff Greenfield Geoff at Third-Sun.Com
Wed Feb 15 07:49:12 PST 2006

Packet8 Digital Phones Service can save you up to
$999 annually on your phone bill! First Month Free!
Free Activation! Save $110 instantly. Wow. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaer6lbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

I have a project with a flat rubber roof on an older townhouse style 3 story
apt. building. shading etc wants to put our PV all in one spot... trying to
rack 21 evergreen panels at 26 degrees... (flexible on that)  My initial
idea is to do a conventional tilted mounting system attached to some wooden
curbs that I would have flashed and "roofed" onto the existing roof by a
sub.  The quotes are coming in surprisingly high ($4-5K for (6) 8' curbs).
Is this normal? I actually do have access to the 2x12s from below - I could
probably put in blocking and use single point standoffs - would this be a
less expensive approach?  Maybe I should look at a ballasted approach?  I
have thought of hefting some pre-cast concrete lintels or parking curbs up
there and using masonry fasteners to attach to them but I certainly don't
want to rough guess the required weight...How would YOU do it?

For a brighter energy future,

Geoff Greenfield
NABCEP Certified Energy Practitioner

THIRD SUN SOLAR & WIND POWER Ltd.