smoke alarms & Flukes [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Fri Jan 20 16:26:56 PST 2006

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Spark Network

Greetings Wrenches,
  Two separate questions here. I think it has come up before but does
anyone have any recommendations for smoke alarms that work well on
modified sine wave? I have a customer with an old system, limited
budget and a troubled visit from the county inspector. I have a few
of these customers that get a cheaper rate than any other and a new
inverter is pretty much not possible due to the limited income. Any
suggestions?

  Also, which Fluke meter do I want? I've heard a few of you talk
about the 337 which seems to be the one I had my eye on. Just
wondering though, where do the test leads plug into? From the
pictures of similar models it appears they plug into the front but I
don't see any when looking at the picture of the 337, perhaps I need
to look further than the Grainger catalog. If I didn't need a clamp
on what would the choice be? I made a poor choice to buy a Craftsman
clamp on to compliment an old Wavetek and just a little over a year
after purchase it's behaving erratically. Neither operate
consistently anymore so it's time to get the real deal and keep the
others for backup.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations, have a great weekend,

Nick A Lucchese
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
General Contractor # 808851
Sierra Solar Systems
563C Idaho Maryland Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Dealix

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com