Generator auto start [RE-wrenches]

Kelly Keilwitz kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Mon Jan 9 23:50:19 PST 2006

Save up to $1,500 on your phone bill with Packet8
Free Activation, Free Equipment & First Month Free!
30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaemrkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Wrenches,
I'm trying to set up a customer's existing 15 KW Generac Guardian generator
to auto start and charge the batteries through the Outback system we've
installed. I have a 12V relay with its coil switched off of the Master
inverter Aux output and connected the contacts to the genny's 2-wire start
posts. The relay works fine.

What's wrong is that the generator starts immediately when we switch the
generator to "Auto", irregardless of the relay. I've disconnected the
starting battery to clear any on-board memory, with no change.

Any experience with this? I'm not keen to dig into the genny control wiring
too deep. And, I can't find a way to talk to anyone at Generac.

Thanks,
-Kelly

--Kelly
Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.