Hardy diesel generator [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Sat Dec 10 05:18:44 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaegt3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

I have a lot of experience with the Chinese diesels, as a rule Hardy
gets units from the best factory's and some of the engines are amazing
as to the fuel use and the number of hours they run.
That said I would not use any of the air cooled engines for anything
except running for a short period at a time, (minutes)
They are louder than a water cooled unit and don't have a reputation for
running long in hard service.

Don't fool yourself, running an alternator charging batteries is HARD
service!
That said, some of the water cooled units are amazing and as a rule
Hardys 195 engines are good. Learn to do the upkeep and occasional
repairs, there is a reason they come with a tool kit and some spare
parts.

Need more?

Later,
Bob