DC heat [RE-wrenches]

Ken Schaal ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Fri Nov 25 03:50:06 PST 2005

http://click.topica.com/caaedmqbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC PowerScan

Regarding the comments below---

I have used Florida Heat Pumps for years. They have both air and water
output. Which brand to use probably depends on your local distributor.

In 1986 we used an early Sanyo split system air source --9000 btu-- to heat
and cool our prototype geodesic dome offices. Even after being encased in
ice one particularly bad ice storm, it worked well. No strip backup !

Ken at Common Wealth Solar

-------Does anybody have any experience/recommendations for residential size
groundwater heat tranfer heat pumps?
Conrad
Cotuit Solar

--------> It is a common misconception that heat pumps do not work well at
low
> temperatures. Our air source, split (no ducts), mulit zone system
> still performs at over 200% efficiency at 10 to 15 degrees F. Our
> 30K btu unit has a 2 pole 30 breaker and "only" draws around 2500
> watts running full out. The defrost cycle happens depending on the
> outside temperature and humidity.
>
> I love it and it has made our home zero energy with 3.2 kWh of PV.
>
> Todd

Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
out how!
http://click.topica.com/caaeatubz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Amazing phone

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php