Commercial off-grid application? [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 00:44:40 PST 2005

HI David
This is sort of like the Outback system that I built.
However sort of on steriods.

The system that I have mentioned several times on
wrenches is a 40 kW plus, 3 phase, 208 volts, Outback
system.  However mine is heavly grid tied.  On weekend
days the system runs by supplying all the power and
selling power to the grid.  During the week the system
sells early in the morning and late in the afternoon,
during the middle of the day the building draws more
power the the Solar can supply.  During power outages
only emergency circuits are powered.

I have 13 MX60s and 12 GVFX inverters stacked four per
phase, that function as grid tied during the day.  The
battery system is by C&D battery. The smaller
emergency load allows the solar to completly recharge
the battery every day and gives continous emergency
power.  The system has been flawless for its first 18
mounths of service.

During the design phase I did some comparisons with
modular and single large inverter, I found that I
could get higher efficiency and lower cost with the
modular approach.

Thanks Darryl

http://click.topica.com/caaeas1bz8Qcsbd5Ekwf/DirectSatTV