Any experience with BZ Products [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Mon Nov 7 13:46:12 PST 2005

New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
http://click.topica.com/caaeatBbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Superb Rewards

Hiya Gang,
This from Frank @ BZ.
Bob-O

Hi Bob,

All is well.

RE MPPT250 and MPPT500 software upgraded with battery equalize function
will be available early '06. Upgraded software will be available at no
charge for the MPPT500 upon request. www.bzproducts.net.

Thanks Frank BZ
On Nov 6, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services wrote:

> I have the 500 watt unit and found the lack of ability to equalize a
> big wart. I have yet to power up the unit as I am awaiting some free
> used lead calcium wet cells... but from reading the manual it looks
> like the set points for float voltage are a bit higher than I'd like
> for these batteries.
>
> Todd
>
> Carl Reuter wrote:
>
>> I recently bought a few 250 watt MPPT type charge controllers from a
>> company called BZ Products. The price is right at $70 and it comes
>> with a lcd readout screen for volts and amps. The one thing that
>> annoys me though and I would love to get feedback on this is that
>> they call it a two stage charger thats supposedly adjustable but I
>> come to find it only charges to a setpoint and holds the batteries to
>> that point. Sure its adjustable but thats it. How can anyone consider
>> that two-stage charging? Whats even more stupid is they call that
>> float voltage. I'm tempted to return the units even though I have two
>> of them sold. Does it seem ridiculous to charge a small system to
>> 14.7 volts and then keep it there for the duration of the charge
>> cycle/ One customer would use it on a sailboat so I am not as
>> concerned since panels get shaded so frequently when the boat swings
>> around at anchor that it would be rare that the panels would keep the
>> batteries at 14.7 for long. I told the BZ tech or whatever he that of
>> all the places to cut corners not offereing true 2 stage charging
>> seems like the wrong approach. Carl Reuter
>> Land and Sea Solar
>> Felton Ca 95018

MAKE NEW FRIENDS, MEET POTENTIAL BUSINESS PARTNERS, FIND THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE!
IT'S EASY, IT'S FUN! AND BEST OF ALL, IT'S TOTALLY FREE!
http://click.topica.com/caaeatFbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Friendsand.com

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com