Charging pumps [RE-wrenches]

Ken Schaal ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Tue Oct 18 10:41:58 PDT 2005

New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3
Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
http://click.topica.com/caad3PYbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Superb Rewards

For over 25 years we have used a 115V utility pump --sometimes called a
transfer pump-- Wayne is one manufacturer. Also available from Grainger.
Washing machine hoses work well. These pumps have a flexible rubber impeller
that holds up OK to anti-freeze but it's good to flush out with water after
use.They put out a good flow --about 5-7 gal/min-- so top vents are
unnecessary  --and unwanted to to maintenance issues!  They produce about
20# 's pressure, and can be hooked up in series with an extra double female
hose. Cost is well under $100 and replacement impellers are cheap and easy
to install. Do not run dry. The Wayne even comes with a floor attachment so
you can suck up water off the floor when that old tank you're about to
replace has leaked all over the place!

Ken Schaal   of CommonWealth Solar LLC