GPS question [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Wed Oct 12 07:48:42 PDT 2005

Technology Made Easy so you can Enjoy Your Technology!
Help with PCs, iPods, network & much more. Industry Leader.
http://click.topica.com/caad3QVbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/LightFrog

Hi Bill,

I'm looking for a GPS that gives compass headings while stationary.

I know that they make them, just thought someone knows which ones.

thanks,
jay
On Oct 12, 2005, at 4:26 AM, Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Frustrated by your Technology? Can't get it to work properly?
> Get HiWired! 45 min over phone, problem solved. Learn More.
> http://click.topica.com/caad3QXbz8QcsbAmaYia/LightFrog
>

> Hi Jay,
>
> The GPS devices are really great and also cheap if you don't have
> to have
> all the bells and whistles that are available.
>
> Be advised that all GPS will indicate proper compass function while
> moving.
> Not all will indicate proper compass function when stationary.
>
> Even the lowest base models are capable of interfacing with a
> computer and
> external power source (and many free third party programs) and if
> you do
> that you get some high end results without the high end price.
>
> Garmin eTrex (yellow case, base model) is the cheapest I have
> located. Aldi
> currently sells these for $80
>
> Energetically and sometimes directionally challenged,
>
> Bill Loesch
> Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
>

> Message text written by INTERNET:RE-wrenches at topica.com
>

> HI all,
>
> Say was wondering if anyone is using a GPS instead of a compass these
> days?
> And on the same idea, for altitude vs barometer?
>
> If so what models?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jay
>
> Peltz Power<
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
> out how!
> http://click.topica.com/caad32Rbz8QcsbAmaYif/Amazing phone
>
> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-
> wrenches/read
>
> List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/
> wrenches/etiquette.php

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
http://click.topica.com/caad3P2bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nationwide Survey

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com