How high conduit off roof? [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks bill at brooksolar.com
Tue Aug 30 10:26:50 PDT 2005

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadOvHbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

Adding to Bob-O's post,

Severe physical abuse is generally in the vacinity of fork lifts, floor
sweepers, and other vehicles that could run into and break conduit. That is
why many industrial sites require rigid in these areas. A roof would rarely
be exposed to this type of traffic unless it was some kind of parking
structure. Severe physical damage can also be addressed by installing pylons
that prevent traffic from running into the conduit.

Distance off the roof has as much to do with protecting the roof as it does
the conduit. There are several manufactured products that raise the conduit
a variety of heights from 1" to 6" or more depending on the situation. The
closer conduit is mounted the roof, the more likely it will come in contact
with the roof and damage the roof. Also, there is also the tendency to trap
debrise with a smaller gap. I think a 2" height is sufficent for most
installations as long as the conduit is supported as directed in the code.

Bill.