Outback FX and Generator Input [RE-wrenches]

Jeremy Rodriguez allsolar at ris.net
Fri Aug 19 08:27:41 PDT 2005

Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate?
Take our Nationwide Chocolate Survey today!
Receive a FREE* $100 restaurant gift card of your choice or $100
worth Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadOv3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Chocolate Survey

David, Christopher, Matt,

With his inverter on the bench in my shop as Christopher suggested, the
inverter functions normally using the suspected generator with or without an
AC load.
We used his tiny ext. cord and duplicated his site with one exception. The
house loads panel was never disconnected from the inverter.
My client took the inverter home and it charges as normal with his gen as
long as the loads wiring is disconnected.  Once the loads wiring is
connected, the voltage sags to ~77vac but does not load the generator like I
would expect, and never trips a breaker anywhere. The inverter never
connects, obviously.
What would happen if the white and black were reversed in the loads circuit
from inverter to house panel?
No-one ever thought the house wiring could be the problem!

Jeremy
All Solar