SQ and SQE application differences [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Aug 11 12:12:38 PDT 2005

Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
http://click.topica.com/caadOuobz8Qcsbz9JC9a/911PaydayAdvance

Yes; the E is a constant pressure pump and, as Windy pointed-out,
probably not so great for off-grid because of the possibility for the
pump to run continuously in the event of a leak in the system. It does
require a small pressure tank though, so they don't always run all the
time (unless you've got dip irrigation or a leak). The original question
suggested that this system has no storage tank (not good) and has only
the hysteresis of whatever pressure tank is in the mix.

Another thing that occurs to me is that perhaps the E uses
proportionally less energy to run at low flow compared to high
flow/pressure? Just perhaps (if this is the case) the net energy usage
might be similar to a conventional pump arrangement.
Windy; you there? What do you think?

Matt

Steve Willey wrote:

> SQ and SQ Flex are good and seem to run on mod square wave as you
> point out. But isn't SQE designed to give constant pressure and avoid
> a pressure tank by running (perhaps slowly) all the while water is
> being used at any rate of flow?  I have understood that this would be
> a very inefficient use of off-grid inverter power. Or is there a
> different application for SQE it I am not familiar with?
>
> Steve Willey, (formerly Backwoods Solar)
> phone (208) 263-4788
> Steve Willey
>

>> Assuming that the SQ and SQE also have use something similar to make
>> variable speed possible with a 240 VAC pump motor, I would assume that
>

>> my suggestion to use one of these pumps with a pair of DRs is pretty
>> lame. Rats. I also hate it when I'm wrong.
>>
>> On the other other hand, I bet the system in question would work fine
>> if they could simply change to a conventional 3/4 HP pump.
>>
>> Matt T

Oreo's
Take our Nationwide Oreo Survey.
Receive a Free* Restaurant Gift card of your choice or a one year
supply of Oreo's. Hurry, limited time only!
http://click.topica.com/caadOvJbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/CookieSurvey

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com