1.5 HP well pump [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Aug 11 10:31:20 PDT 2005

Ben & Jerry’s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry’s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadOvZbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Ice Cream Research Survey

You are probably right, but - considering the operating voltage range of
the SQ, (100 - 130 VAC), and the flexibility in allowable frequency (50
- 60 Hz), these pumps are obviously made to be usable in variable
situations. I spoke with one of the Grundfos engineers a couple years
ago about inverter applications and was told that they did have "just
about every possible power source in mind" when designing this line.
Aren't we glad they did?

Matt

bbassett at rockisland.com wrote:>>I doubt that the SQ or SQE were
specifically designed to run on inverter

>or generator power, but they happen to do so OK. The difference between
>the two is that the SQE has communications ability with the motor. This
>allows it to be used in a variable speed setup, but it can also just be
>used in the same manner as an SQ at full speed. In that use it will also
>run on a mod-square wave inverter, indeed I did run a very early one for
>a few hours on a Trace U2512 just to see.

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadOvzbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com