Inverter Load Analysis [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Tue Aug 2 05:36:29 PDT 2005

Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate?
Take our Nationwide Chocolate Survey today!
Receive a FREE* $100 restaurant gift card of your choice or $100
worth Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadOv3bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Chocolate Survey

Ray,
We don't get 6 hours of full sun in the summer! It is more like 4 hours.
In the winter it is in the 1 hour range. The charts don't show us here
on the eastern end of Lake Ontario, they used to show Syracuse, NY (100
miles south) at 2 hours but they somehow "disappeared" from the list 10
years or so ago.
I once calculated (with Traces program) that it would take me 80, 100
watt panels to replace my 111 KW average per month electrical usage in
the Dec - Jan time frame.
Generator runtime is just a fact of life up here.

Bob

We always size for winter, but here that is still over 6 hrs of full sun

per day average in January. If the budget can't handle it, we design to
the
budget with room to expand. The customer knows what he can or can't do,
and
uses the genny to make up the difference.
Windy's spreadsheet show estimated genny run time, so we plug in our
proposed # of modules and show the customer the run time for their
choices.

Ray

>Jonathan-
>Your comment about sizing for summer came as a surprise to me, as I was

>trained to design for winter.  I understand all too well the rationale
for
>doing so, as I have lost too many bids in the low-competition off-grid
>market in my area.
>Question to all off-grid Wrenches:  Do you do this as well?  If
sometimes
>- What (besides the clients budget) is your determining factor to
design
>summer vs winter?
>Thanks
>Barbra K Kerr

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

Archive of previous messages:

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
http://click.topica.com/caadOutbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/911PaydayAdvance

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com