HDPE [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Sun Jul 24 20:01:04 PDT 2005

Ben & Jerry’s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry’s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadKb7bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Ice Cream Research Survey

Hi Jim,
Check with your electric wholesaler for the Carlon HDPE conduit products=20
for your application.
I just rent the PE welder from my supplier when I need to install a=20
system. They have PE to NPT fittings to transition at the ends.
I recently looked at a report on long term (30year) effects of HDPE gas=20
piping systems in Europe.
They found microcracking where the pipe was deflected by stones or other=20
similar objects. They note in the report that newer formulations have=20
less tendancy to crack, and in any case the lifetime of the piping with=20
problems is in the range of the life of PV modules. Typical best=20
practice is to bed the pipe in sand, and if the trench is less than 18=20
inches, cover with 4 inches of concrete. In geothermal systems we also=20
bury a plastic coated aluminum strip (looks like caution tape) over the=20
pipe, so we can find it again with a rf wire finder.

Good Luck. cul deant

Jim Duncan wrote:

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Get $1,000 to spend on groceries=85 any way you please. Click here!
>http://click.topica.com/caadHlsbz8QcsbdulIia/GrocerySpree
>
>I have a rural 4 tracker PV installation that will have buried conduit=20
>across flat rocky terrain. At about 2 feet it's bedrock. I want to bury=20
>around a thousand feet of HDPE for HV wire runs. Having never used the=20
>stuff, I have several questions.=20
>Is HDPE more vulnerable to being in rocky soil than PVC. Has anyone used=
=20
>a connector like the one below, or something similar, to avoid the=20
>'welding' process of making connections.
>Who makes or sells HDPE to rigid PVC/metal transitions and elbows.
>http://www.lyallturbosonics.com/ductandconduitproducts.htm
>Thanks as always
>Jim Duncan
>North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
>Fort Worth, Texas
>
>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!=20
>No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval=20
>Cash in you account Overnight!
>http://click.topica.com/caadHk3bz8QcsbdulIif/911PaydayAdvance
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages:=
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

> =20

--=20
Dean T. Newberry

http://www.TalbottSolar.com
Email:  deant at dcn.org

Cell:      530 867-2392
Fax:      530-758-8187

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadHlCbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com