MC tool? [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Wed Jul 6 18:39:18 PDT 2005

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadHlnbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

Geoff,

I've heard of people hand pulling the insulator over the metal
pin/socket. However, I do not believe this results in a UL constructed
connector. Plus, if you're doing more than a VERY few, you're beat up
your hand! Buy the tool...

We sell it, I'm sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere, we carry it as a
convenience. (Not exactly our "main line", but some people don't like to
spend 4 hours hunting for a tool to save a little. Of course, to some of
us, that's the thrill of the hunt.)

Most distributors (including us) sell bags of the MC connectors. Make
sure you get the (free) CD on how to make the connectors in a way that
meets UL. (Then watch it!)

However, after saying all that, I still believe that it's an easier idea
to buy pre-made MC's of varying lengths, and keep them in stock. Not too
much more than making them (unless labor is free), high quality (shop
made versus field made), and you're not spending time looking for the
darn crimper. (And then there was the time the crimper jammed on a job,
because someone did not put the pin in all the way. Had to take it apart
(not easy...) Would have cost us 4 staff-days if we had not gotten it
apart.) Pre-made cables are available from several distributors.

If you're doing commercial, then it's a necessity, due to the custom,
and long lengths. Much easier than ordering special cables after the
panels are in.

Jeff
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, Inc., Solar Energy Solutions
601 Old River Road, Suite 3, White River Junction, VT 05001-9030
800-374-4494 x107 Toll Free     802-295-4415 x107 Phone
802-295-4417 Fax
Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com             www.GlobalResourceOptions.com