What can a City do to promote PV? [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed Jun 8 21:29:31 PDT 2005

Get a Free Sirius Satellite Package, don't pass on this!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcobz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Check out what the City of Austin, TX is doing. $6.50 / watt rebates is a
start. I used to work in the renewable energy department at the city of
Austin Power & Light all the way back in 86. They're still as serious as
ever about it.

Ray Walters

>Wrenches,
>Today, at the invitation of my home town Culver City Building and Planning =
>Department, I gave the Planning Commission in open session an overview of P=
>V that was well received. The Commissioners asked what can a city do to enc=
>ourage the use of PV? I gave them a printout of http://www.greenbuildingpag=
>es.com/links/weblinks_LEED.html
>and they asked for more. Your examples and ideas would be most appreciated =
>- and well received by Commissioners who have seen the light. Thanks in adv=
>ance.
>Joel Davidson

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcrbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com