tankless electric water heater [RE-wrenches]

Nick Lucchese nickl at sierrasolar.com
Tue May 31 10:51:07 PDT 2005

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
http://click.topica.com/caadtaKbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Sharebuilder

Kurt,
  I installed a Seisco RA-28 last November and no problems to date. It
presently only produces water for one tenant and speaking with him on
a usual basis he is still happy with it. The adjustment knob is not
accessible without removing the cover and the way the cover attaches
it does not seem that it was designed to be removed very often.
Testing with my amp meter (3 minute intervals) it seemed to pull a
solid 25-27 KW regardless of adjustment knob position. At that sort
of consumption it would not seem that there could be much benefit for
a small family (6-7 KW a shower-youch!). Like other manu's
recommendations of using the high output unit for regions with cooler
winters the RA-28 was the only option for my region. Certainly eats
up a lot of breakers spaces but the tradeoff is that it frees up a
lot of space and weight in the water heater closet. I don't recall a
whole lot of other specifics other than that I thought the manual was
quite "weak".

Have fun,
Nick A Lucchese
Sierra Solar Systems and Planet Home

>I've got a project that needs a tankless electric water heater and
>am wondering if anyone here has experience (bad or good) to report
>from the Seisco, Bosch, or Eemax units.
>
>This will be a 208V application and a dual element design would be
>preferred, since we will have limited current available until some
>wiring upgrades are complete.
>

>--thanks
>

>.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather,
sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all
at a price you can afford to pay!  Click now!
http://click.topica.com/caaa9eYbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/TopOffers
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com