Dump Load [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Fri May 20 19:44:35 PDT 2005

Need a new washer and dryer set? You could get one free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaGbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

> Group,
Another little known ac dump trick is to feed a 240v element with
120vac.  In my system, I feed a 4500W 240 element with 120vac and it
dumps about 850 Watts. Just what I needed. Probably last forever.
Best, bob-o

> Good point Travis!  With Outback's inverter you can easily relay an AC
> dump - very appropriate and easier!  In this case I was using it to
> hook
> into bergey's Xl-1 controller - so I was married to DC (although I
> probably
> could have scratched my head enough and done an AC one based on
> universal
> battery voltage which is what the bergey is looking at - I will ask
> Todd at
> bergey about this).
>
> I did not go through the T-stat and the customer and I agreed that in
> the
> rare case that this  1,500 watt element could take his tank too high
> his
> tempering valve would avoid scalds and the PT valve would blow first
> (straight to a drain).  FAR from elegant but I simply do not see this
> happening.
>
> For a brighter energy future,
>
> Geoff Greenfield

Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadvf5bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nexiderm

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php