performance degradation [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri May 13 09:12:03 PDT 2005

Sign up today for a No Annual Fee Discover® Platinum Card and get…
0% Intro APR on Purchases & Balance Transfers for 8 Months, Up to
2% Cashback Bonus® reward on your purchases & 100% fraud
protection.
http://click.topica.com/caadtrVbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/DiscoverCard

>  Operating voltage range is far more important.
>
>AMEN to what Brother Bill said!!!!!
>
>I call the low-end of the input window "the toilet". . . .  For a reason.  I
>recommend staying out of the toilet.
>
>Matt Lafferty

I second that. With an MPPT system in1988 (Grundfos Pumping System) We had
hell with the narrow voltage window. It practically ruined the project, as
cell temperatures were so high in Africa, that Voc dropped below the
threshold of systems that were designed as high as Voc in cool weather
would allow. I ended up rewiring modules (Solarex MSX60s) 7&1/2 in series
(they could be wired in6 or 12 volt) The villagers went out every 30
minutes and sprayed the modules with water to cool them down enough to
operate the pump. With cell degradation, I bet those pumps don't work at
all now.

Ray Walters
ray at solarray.com
President, SolarRay, Inc.
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
BS Mechanical Engineering, UT Austin 88
Returned US Peace Corps Volunteer

Get a Free T-Mobile Sidekick II plus $500 towards service!
Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caaduFNbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php