dc rated switches [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Thu May 12 06:47:14 PDT 2005

Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
http://click.topica.com/caadslIbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nexiderm

Hiya Eric,
Not familiar with that Siemens Safety Switch, but in many others
(Square D, Cutler&Hammer come to mind) a Heavy Duty switch usually has
a 250VDC or better rating on the name plate. The switch could be-and
probably is- perfectly fine but Siemens didn't want to pay the hefty UL
vigorish to get it DC rated as well as the ac rating.
Bob-O
On May 11, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Eric Smiley wrote:
> I recently visited a grid-tie PV system where a siemens Heavy Duty
> Switch
> (Type VBII) was used for the array disconnect. In a negative grounded
> system do these switches need to have the positive conductor pass
> through
> two (or more) poles of the switch in DC applications? I can't find
> anything on the Seimens site to indicate yea or nay.
>

> Eric Smiley,  MASc
> Project Leader - Technology Centre
> British Columbia Institute of Technology
>
> NE25 - 3700 Willingdon Avenue
> Burnaby, British Columbia
> Canada V5G 3H2
>
> phone: 604.432.8657    fax: 604.436.0286
> esmiley at bcit.ca

Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaHbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Amazing Computer

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com