Solar Thermal storage [RE-wrenches]

Conrad Geyser conradg at cape.com
Tue May 10 20:09:12 PDT 2005

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadtaFbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Geoff,
    I think that the industry standard would be option "D" as you do get
your lower panel temperatures/higher efficiency.  By the same token,
directly circulating the same water through the radiant floor eliminates the
HX temp. differential agian.  It would be complicated to try to figure out
what % you'd loose with the HX(s) but it would certainly be measurable.  One
issue is that you'll  need to add another tank.  The usual approach would be
for a unpressurized collapsible tank and to run your radiant floor loops
under vacuum.  I kinda like pressurized/sealed the whole way so oxygen can't
continue to enter the system.  Adding a big (rigid) pressuized tank to an
existing structure is challenging but if you can check out this site for
used tanks:
http://www.aaronequipment.com/inventory.asp?categoryID=75&subcategoryID=8

have fun,

Conrad Geyser