USDA grant money... [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Mon May 2 20:31:37 PDT 2005

Help us support US Troops – Just Register Here.
http://click.topica.com/caadtaMbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Permission Data

If you do the study, you, in theory, cannot do the work. There are
sub-legal ways around this which others (to remain un-named, not us)
have done. Our experience is that the bureaucracy of the paperwork for
administration eats up a lot of dollars. Unless you're going for a large
grant (over $250k) I would not recommend it. Between bid and wage
stipulations, paperwork, time delays, etc., I'd sell the owner on design
/ build.

One project in Fitchburg, MA received the grant, for a ~140 kW PV. Added
about 18 months to the project procurement timeline.

Jeff
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer(tm)
Global Resource Options, Inc., Solar  Wind  Energy Solutions
A Woman-Owned Corporation
601 Old River Road, Suite 3, White River Junction, VT 05001-9030
Saratoga Technology + Energy Park, 10 Hermes Drive, Malta, NY 12020
800-374-4494 x107 Toll Free     802-295-4415 x107 Phone
802-295-4417 Fax
Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com,    www.GlobalResourceOptions.com

Distributor for:
BP Solar, Evergreen Solar
SMA, Outback Power, Magnetek, UniRac
Rolls Battery, MK Battery
and other fine products for renewable energy