where to to tie in? [RE-wrenches]

Mo Rousso mrousso at heliopower.com
Wed Mar 9 14:46:26 PST 2005

Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMmbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Amazing Computer

Marco,

I'm not sure I understand your question.  The service is 1200A and I have no
visibility into the line side of the utility meter.  We tapped into the bus
bars.

However, the conductor size on either side of the production meter is of the
same size.

Hope I'm helping,
Mo

On 3/9/05 1:54 PM, "Marco Mangelsdorf" <marco at pvthawaii.com> wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Get a FREE* 5 Megapixel Digital Camera - yours to keep!
> http://click.topica.com/caadeMobz8Qcsa9DY2Za/5 Megapixel Digital Camera
> Promotion
>
> Mo,
>
> Was the conductor size between the PV disco/inverter(s) and the utility
> meter the same size as the conductor coming in from the utility meter?
>
> marco
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> We just finished doing a 60kW system on a local water utility.  We too used
> distributed Sunny Boys for a 208V-3ph system.
>
> We are required to use a production meter in addition to the utility meter.
> The production meter also needs to have a disco on either side of it, one
> acting as the utility visible disconnect.  We did a line tap on the load
> side of the utility meter, pretty easy to do.
>

> --
> Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
> http://click.topica.com/caadeMjbz8Qcsa9DY2Zf/ProductTestPanel
>
> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
> List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

Mo Rousso
President
HelioPower, Inc
760.451.9374
www.heliopower.com

2-Day Tax Refund Loans TaxBrain Online Tax Service Get Started
Now!
http://click.topica.com/caadeMnbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/TaxBrain

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php