Generator recommendation request [RE-wrenches]

Mo Rousso mrousso at heliopower.com
Thu Feb 24 20:12:25 PST 2005

Hi Allan,

We've put in a few gennies manufactured by Tiger Power in PA.  I have found
them to meet all of your requirements, they are of high quality, and are
reasonably priced.  The company has been good to deal with.

Contact Jim Mandes at (800) 779-8809 or www.tiger-power.com if you would
like more info.

Mo

On 2/23/05 1:02 PM, "Allan Sindelar" <allan at positiveenergysolar.com> wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
> find out how.
> http://click.topica.com/caac8utbz8Qcsa9DY2Za/Consumer Research
>
> Wrenches,
> Much has changed in the last few years in generator models appropriate for
> off-grid backup charging. We are Kohler dealers, but haven't sold one in
> nearly two years, as the selection of appropriate models has diminished. We
> like the smaller Honda and Yamaha inverter-generators, but at 3,000 watts
> they're too small for many applications.
>
> So I am asking for Wrench recommendations of current high-quality models
> appropriate for this purpose. Here are our requirements; other than
> elevation deration, I suspect this would fit many Wrenches' needs:
>
> 1. Sized to support a pair of VFX3648 Outbacks, so minimum 20A (max charging
> input current) at 240 VAC (for two inverters) X 1.25 (to run at 80% load for
> continuous duty) X 1.21 (for elevation adjustment for 7,000' @ 3.5% deration
> per 1,000' over 1,000') = 30.25A @ 240 VAC = 7.25 kilowatts.
> 2. Propane fuel.
> 3. Capable of auto-start; two-wire preferable but not required.
> 4. Low-speed, probably 1800 rpm.
> 5. Good reputation and service available.
> 6. Able to wire for floating neutral conductor.
> 7. Reasonably quiet.
> 8. Available.
>
> And desireable:
> 8. Configureable to full-output 120 VAC.
> 9. Housed.
>
> How about the Kohler 17RY or 15RES or Onan RS15000 units?
>
> Thank you for your advice.
> Allan at Positive Energy
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>
> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
> List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

Mo Rousso
President
HelioPower, Inc
760.451.9374
www.heliopower.com

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caac8usbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com