A real stumper--Grid-tied system no longer grid-ties [RE-wrenches]

Dean T. Newberry deant at dcn.org
Sun Feb 20 16:37:55 PST 2005

Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
http://click.topica.com/caac8utbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Consumer Research

Hi Tom,
As I recall every time we have had a FACBFR error, there was no power to
the inverter.
I would look at the neutral wiring for a problem.
I would also jumper around everything possible with a temporary wire to
the grid to see if you can get the inverter to fire. ie jumper from the
lugs on the meter side of the main breaker straight to the inverter to
see if it will work. If that doesn't work pull the meter and clip onto
the line lug and run straight to the inverter.
The 1800 is a 120VAC inverter, if one leg doesn't work try the other.
Set the neutral wire on the lug at the main neutral / ground bar, verify
connection to the grid.
I was visiting a friend for dinner, and he commented that he had hot
water coming out of the tap on the back porch. I noticed that when the
fridge kicked on that the lights in the livingroom dimmed for a second.
It turned out that something got loose on the transformer for that group
of houses, and the unbalanced load was grounding through the water pipe
ground clamp on the back porch. The utility company had it diagnosed and
repaired in a day.
Good luck with this.

cul  deant

Dean T. Newberry
Marketing and Sales

Quantum Energy Group
265 Applegate School Road, P.O. Box 158
Applegate, Ca. 95703

Email:  deant at dcn.org

Cell:      530 867-2392
Office:  530-878-4585
Fax:      530-878-6685

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caac8usbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com