Honda Gennie Problem [RE-wrenches]

Hugh hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 14:24:18 PST 2005

Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
http://click.topica.com/caac8utbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Consumer Research

>Here's the problem: We have no AC to plug into, as the AC generator is gone.
>So I figured the simple solution was to replace the AC relay with a 12VDC
>relay and use the engine's starting battery charging circuit to power the
>relay, as this source would also stop if the engine stopped.

Why not use an AC relay coil connected to the AC to sense generator
output.  The 'Normally Open' contacts of this relay would be
connected in the 12 volt supply circuit to the fuel solenoid, so that
it can switch it off when there is no AC.  for starting up, use a
bypass button push switch to bypass the relay during start-up.  When
the AC comes on line, take your finger off the button.  When the AC
fails, it cuts the fuel and the engine stops.

Or am I missing something?
--
Hugh

Scoraig Wind Electric
http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/

Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
http://click.topica.com/caac8ucbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PermissionData

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com