DC heat? [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Mon Nov 21 17:16:47 PST 2005

FREE DVR
And up to 3 additional standard receivers!
Call 1-800- 901 - 5080 Today
http://click.topica.com/caaeas1bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/DirectSatTV

I just did a conversion (re-repair of a 20Kw Jake that didn't work when
the customer put it together.)
The Jake is converted to 48 volt by 3 custom converters to charge the
battery banks.
It feeds a pair of VFX3648 inverters and ultimately 3 racks of 24 each
L-16's. He has 1 rack at the present time, more on the way with 3 water
heaters as dump loads.
These are used frequently as he is within site of one of out wind farms
and has a great wind regimen, possibly too great!
The hot water is feed to his in floor system and holds the boiler off at
least that is the plan. With winter coming we will know how it
works.....
If the water is at temperature and the batteries are full, he put 3
banks of radiant heaters on the outside back wall of the power building
to dump any excess power from the turbine that does not get used any
where else. Those make me somewhat nervous, but he is unconcerned.

This stuff can be made to work but he will need several tanks as one
probably will be too small for the output in a good wind area. Best to
have a HUGE battery bank with a back up of ssome type also!!

Bob Ellison