Sharp v Sanyo v Shell modules [RE-wrenches]

Barbra Kerr bkerr at energy-exchange.org
Wed Oct 12 10:19:49 PDT 2005

Technology Made Easy so you can Enjoy Your Technology!
Help with PCs, iPods, network & much more. Industry Leader.
http://click.topica.com/caad3QVbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/LightFrog

Bill, we were asked for an opinion and I gave mine with some actual experience as backup.  I rely on your sector for impartial scientific data.  To further address your comments as far as the efficiency goes, yes partly.  Also looking at cell efficency they are at 19%.  It is the power tolerances that really set them apart.  As a result of the hand slapping, their product power tolerances are unmatched, which results in better output estimates, and a higher confidence in output estimating.  We have seen manufacturers actually expanding their power tolerances to plus/minus 10%. Wheras Sanyo reduced their power tolerances.

My only inquiry into what is being tested by the pier group is whether or not the product being tested is provided by the manufacturer or pulled off the shelf at the distributer/retailer level?  Assumming that product is provided by the manufacturer, is it the same as what is on the shelf?

Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
http://click.topica.com/caad3P2bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Nationwide Survey

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com