Composting Toilet Energy Usage [RE-wrenches]

Tump tump at direcway.com
Wed Aug 17 04:25:25 PDT 2005

Take our Nationwide Pringles Survey. Receive a Free* Restaurant
Gift card of your choice or a one year supply of Pringles
Hurry, limited time only!
http://click.topica.com/caadQmnbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Chip Survey

>I would advise against this type of toilet... any of these types of units
>have come back to haunt us!

1) the fiberglass top of the unit, has a tendency to rub even us less
endowed guys the wrong way.
2) the urine tray seems to get plugged w/ peat moss and then its a REAL
treat to clean!
3) even w/ the 4" stack and the evaporator heater of 250+ Wts/hr., any more
then 2 well informed persons can quickly overwhelm this wonder of modern
technology.
Steer clear, have the customer find other folks that are happy w/ their
composting toilet.... I suspect there will quickly be an alternative.

>We've got an off-grid customer getting ready to build a house.  They are
>planning on using a Sun-Mar Centrex 3000.=20=20
>
>=20
>
>On the manufacturers website I see they mention a thermostatically
>controlled 370 watt heater element, a 30 watt fan and "an average power dra=
>of 215 watts".  That sounds like they are saying 215 watts x 24 hrs per day=
>.
>Is that right?
>
>=20
>
>I've already mentioned that there is a NE model but the customer has heard
>it doesn't work as good as the electric model.
>
>=20
>
>As usual, thanks in advance.
>
>=20
>
>Travis Creswell
>
>Ozark Energy Services
>
>=20
>
>=20
>
>=20

>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
>Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click=20
>here to get your 30-day free supply.
>http://click.topica.com/=
>caadOvHbz8Qcsci6M3rf/Nexiderm
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/rea=
>
>List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Ben & Jerry’s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry’s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadOvZbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Ice Cream Research Survey

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com