SQ and SQE application differences [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff windydankoff at mac.com
Fri Aug 12 20:16:13 PDT 2005

Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
http://click.topica.com/caadOutbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/911PaydayAdvance

Matt,

SQE is a centrifugal (multistage) pump, not positive displacement (like
a helical rotor). For that reason, I don't believe it uses
PROPORTIONALLY less power at lower flow. Less power yes, but to say
proportionally less would be very optimistic by my understanding. This
would be especially true if the pump is being used at a pressure that
is relatively high in its range. You may have been talking to more of a
sales person than an engineer.

Maybe you can call them back and discuss this further. I don't mind
being wrong. I'd rather know if I am.

And Brian -- Perhaps I'll buy the wine after all (considering the
poverty level of your customers ... )

Windy

> ...  Another thing that occurs to me is that perhaps the SQE uses
> proportionally less energy to run at low flow compared to high
> flow/pressure? Just perhaps (if this is the case) the net energy usage
> might be similar to a conventional pump arrangement.
> Windy; you there? What do you think?

> ...OK, I just called Grundfos about my thoughts on the possibility
> that the
> SQ and SQE might actually use about the SAME amount of energy to pump
> the same amount of water. I was wrong! The SQE actually uses_ less _!!
> The only difference is that the SQ (or any conventional pump) will
> consume a lot of power for short bursts, whereas the SQE power draw is
> proportional to the actual flow.
>
> Matt
Need Emergency Cash? Get Up To $500 Now!
No Credit Checks, Easy & Fast Approval
Cash in you account Overnight!
http://click.topica.com/caadOurbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/911PaydayAdvance

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com