1.5 HP well pump [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Aug 9 16:08:12 PDT 2005

Hi Matt,

I've used quite a few of the SQ Flex's and I they are great.  ZERO problems
to date.  I won't even consider DC pumps now.  I'm sure Todd knows about
them as well.  My guess is the budget won't allow that.  But I'm not sure
about running them with a DR.  The folks at Grundfos might have assumed that
would be a possibility and designed for it.  My suggestions were just
good'ol common sense stuff of how I would go about trouble shooting the
existing pump.

I wouldn't get rid of the old pump until all of the variables had been
detailed and problems resolved.  There might be something else going on and
probably is.  These types of issues often are the sum of several problems.
That kind of surge will bring out the problems fast. And Todd's exactly
right about that being an awful design to begin with.  The square wave of
the DR actually would add to the running amps and I would assume the
starting amps.  Windy could answer that.

Have a good one,

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services