Wired [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Jul 26 15:24:57 PDT 2005

Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate?
Take our Nationwide Chocolate Survey today!
Receive a FREE* $100 restaurant gift card of your choice or $100
worth Hershey’s® or Ghirardelli® Chocolate for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caadKa5bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Chocolate Survey

I have talked with them and the receiver is PV based - fan cooled space
/ concentrator type PV cells.

The unit shown in the Wired article is rated 250 watts of DC output and
has a footprint of 6 feet x 6 feet.  Pricing is suggested to be less
than the cost of a similar output PV panel - which I think the PV panel
would take less space and could be mounted in an inclined position
allowing higher performance - and ,of course, the PV panel has no moving
parts.

I just wonder what will happen when a bird flies through the focused
area - I can see it now - The PV industry will now be labeled as a "bird
killers" along with the wind power industry!

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadHlxbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ProductTestPanel

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com