wasp and hornet spray? [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Tue Jun 28 19:48:57 PDT 2005

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadAcrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Goeff,
Soapy water in a spray bottle works pretty good on individuals and
small open nests like mud dobbers make, but I'd be scared to try it on
a big hornets nest.
BTW, heard a good report on your last SEIA meeting. Sounds like between
a committed Board and Rhone, things are getting done. Good job.
Good Luck, Bob-O
On Jun 28, 2005, at 10:15 AM, Geoff Greenfield wrote:

> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
> reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
> http://click.topica.com/caadAckbz8Qcsbz9JR3a/Nexiderm
>
> Greetings all - we must all be busy hanging modules - good!
>
> I am asking our collective experience for advice on how folks deal with
> wasps etc while working in attics or on roofs near eavs etc.  We just
> had a
> close call with either heat exhaustion or more likely a nasty reaction
> carb and choke cleaner used in tight quarters by a now wiser member of
> my
> crew after the well intentioned homeowner handed it up and suggested
> that it
> works as well on wasps as it does on carbs.... Yikes!  I'm glad he
> didn't
> fall off the roof!
>
> So - in an effort to be eco-respectful we don't carry the toxic crud
> in the
> van, depend on Karma and good luck, and most of the time "we don't
> bother
> them - they don't bother us" works.  This last job taught us that
> nailing up
> blocking in an active nest area bothers them, so now the question is -
> what
> works?  what can you spray in an attic and then return to work there?
> anything "greener" out there?
>
> (By the way - it was our first brand X GT-3.0 job - in and out in a
> day -
> looking forward to measure performance but so far I'm impressed.)
>
> For a brighter energy future,
>
> Geoff Greenfield
> NABCEP Certified Energy Practitioner
>
> THIRD SUN SOLAR & WIND POWER Ltd.
> 340 West State Street
> Athens, OH 45701
>
> www.third-sun.com
> (740) 597-3111
>
> Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
> Get $1,000 to spend on groceries… any way you please. Click here!
> http://click.topica.com/caadAcAbz8Qcsbz9JR3f/GrocerySpree
>
> - - - -
>
> Archive of previous messages:
>
> List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

> Hosted by Home Power magazine

Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
http://click.topica.com/caadFX6bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/911PaydayAdvance

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com